Director Benh Zeitlin has won the Camera d’Or – Golden Camera prize – at the Cannes Film Festival.
His film Beasts Of The Southern Wild is set and filmed in Louisiana. It is centred around six-year-old Hushpuppy, her father Wink and their life in the ‘Bathtub’ – an isolated community, on the edge of a southern delta.
Speaking to euronews, he said filming the movie had been like “running a marathon”.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1More ‘Hobbit’ some ‘Fury’ and ‘Fifty Shades and Grey’ coming to a cinema near you
- 2Rome celebrates founding emperor Augustus
- 3Cameron Diaz comedy ‘Sex Tape’ asks serious question about privacy
- 4Queens of opera offer royal take on ‘Maria Stuarda’ at Covent Garden
- 5Gillian Anderson stars in film on child sex trafficking in India