Environmentalists in Italy are calling for a halt to big cruise liners entering the Venice lagoon because of damage to the local ecosystem.
They claim the massive ships which are the size of multi story buildings pollute the air and their vibrations and subsequent waves impact on the foundations of the historic city.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 22:33 CET U.S. says China air defence zone unacceptable, shouldn’t be…
- 22:14 CET Insight – Fukushima water tanks: leaky and built with illegal…
- 22:03 CET Mood music mixed after Palestinians hold talks with Kerry
- 21:51 CET Hurricane-force winds hit Britain and close in on Europe
- 21:41 CET UK push for curbs on migrant benefits gets mixed EU reception
- 21:39 CET France vows immediate action in Central African Republic after…
- 21:01 CET Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 at Yemeni defence ministry
- 20:13 CET Ukraine police give protesters deadline, PM brands them ‘Nazis’