Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is among six players recalled by Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli for their World Cup 2014 qualifying game against Armenia on Thursday.
Prandelli also opted to take another look at Zenit St Petersburg’s Criscito, who was dropped from the Azzurri’s Euro 2012 squad due to a betting investigation.
Elsewhere, Turkey will be hoping to bounce back from their disappointing 2-0 loss to the Netherlands in their opening game when they welcome group D rivals Romania on Thursday.
Galtasaray’s Burak Yilmaz is expected to start upfront with Hamit Altintop on the right wing and Sercan Sararer on the left.
Meanwhile, Romania coach Victor Piturca, who’ll be looking for a third straight victory in group D, announced on Tuesday former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu would replace Steua Bucharest’s Raul Rusescu up front.
Romania are currently top of their group with 6 points thanks to a better goal difference over the Netherlands.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:46 CET Dunga names former team mates as Brazil assistants
- 21:44 CET Newcastle lead the Premier League jet-setters
- 21:28 CET Vorm, Davies to Spurs in Swansea swap for Sigurdsson
- 21:23 CET Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- 20:49 CET I’m not heading to PSG, says ex-Juventus boss Conte
- 20:47 CET Luxemburgo returns to coach Flamengo for fourth time
- 18:53 CET It’s a family affair for British Virgin Islands swimming team
- 18:51 CET Majka closes in on polka dot jersey as Nibali gains more ground