Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is among six players recalled by Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli for their World Cup 2014 qualifying game against Armenia on Thursday.
Prandelli also opted to take another look at Zenit St Petersburg’s Criscito, who was dropped from the Azzurri’s Euro 2012 squad due to a betting investigation.
Elsewhere, Turkey will be hoping to bounce back from their disappointing 2-0 loss to the Netherlands in their opening game when they welcome group D rivals Romania on Thursday.
Galtasaray’s Burak Yilmaz is expected to start upfront with Hamit Altintop on the right wing and Sercan Sararer on the left.
Meanwhile, Romania coach Victor Piturca, who’ll be looking for a third straight victory in group D, announced on Tuesday former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu would replace Steua Bucharest’s Raul Rusescu up front.
Romania are currently top of their group with 6 points thanks to a better goal difference over the Netherlands.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 16:32 CET Barcelona’s Pique relishing return of ‘angry’ Suarez
- 16:24 CET Zenit look to banish last season’s title loss
- 16:05 CET Captain relieved to handle the pressure-cooker
- 15:43 CET Lukaku lost focus as was not first choice – Mourinho
- 15:26 CET West Ham’s Morrison remanded over assault charges
- 14:39 CET Sri Lanka drop Chandimal and Mendis for Pakistan series
- 14:33 CET Former Palestinian midfielder killed when bomb hits his Gaza home
- 14:32 CET Soccer World Cup lifts German beer sales