Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is among six players recalled by Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli for their World Cup 2014 qualifying game against Armenia on Thursday.
Prandelli also opted to take another look at Zenit St Petersburg’s Criscito, who was dropped from the Azzurri’s Euro 2012 squad due to a betting investigation.
Elsewhere, Turkey will be hoping to bounce back from their disappointing 2-0 loss to the Netherlands in their opening game when they welcome group D rivals Romania on Thursday.
Galtasaray’s Burak Yilmaz is expected to start upfront with Hamit Altintop on the right wing and Sercan Sararer on the left.
Meanwhile, Romania coach Victor Piturca, who’ll be looking for a third straight victory in group D, announced on Tuesday former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu would replace Steua Bucharest’s Raul Rusescu up front.
Romania are currently top of their group with 6 points thanks to a better goal difference over the Netherlands.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 01:02 CET British number one Robson to miss Wimbledon, French Open
- 00:56 CET Kuchar shrugs off Masters fade, ties Heritage lead
- 00:00 CET Everton keeper Howard extends contract until 2018
- 22:51 CET Murders soar in Brazil World Cup city during police strike
- 21:31 CET Formula One drivers in talks to resolve pay disputes
- 21:23 CET Barca’s Neymar and Alba out for up to a month
- 20:12 CET Rosberg to clear air with Hamilton before China GP
- 19:11 CET Bayern’s Neuer expects to be fit for Real semi-final