Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is among six players recalled by Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli for their World Cup 2014 qualifying game against Armenia on Thursday.
Prandelli also opted to take another look at Zenit St Petersburg’s Criscito, who was dropped from the Azzurri’s Euro 2012 squad due to a betting investigation.
Elsewhere, Turkey will be hoping to bounce back from their disappointing 2-0 loss to the Netherlands in their opening game when they welcome group D rivals Romania on Thursday.
Galtasaray’s Burak Yilmaz is expected to start upfront with Hamit Altintop on the right wing and Sercan Sararer on the left.
Meanwhile, Romania coach Victor Piturca, who’ll be looking for a third straight victory in group D, announced on Tuesday former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu would replace Steua Bucharest’s Raul Rusescu up front.
Romania are currently top of their group with 6 points thanks to a better goal difference over the Netherlands.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1World Cup 2014 group draw and fixtures
- 2Terrace violence leaves big question marks over Brazil security ahead of World Cup 2014
- 3Wednesday’s Champions League games sees qualification go down to the wire
- 4Bayer Leverkusen and Olympiakos win to secure Champions League qualification
- 5Galatasaray braced for must-win Juventus clash
- 20:53 CET Bayern Munich to play in 2014 MLS All-Star match
- 20:31 CET Formula One to award pole position trophy
- 18:29 CET Ronaldo beats Messi for World Soccer magazine award
- 18:27 CET Perez joins Hulkenberg at Force India
- 17:32 CET Barcelona strike sponsorship deal with Intel
- 17:06 CET Pakistan turn to youngsters for Sri Lanka series
- 16:19 CET Adidas calls time on Sports Direct Chelsea kit sales
- 15:15 CET Barkley welcomes Gazza comparison, new deal in the works