Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:15 CET Former Romania coach Lucescu takes charge at Petrolul
- 21:06 CET City have strike force to knock out Barca, says Kompany
- 20:39 CET Tuilagi named in England squad to face Italy
- 20:28 CET Final batch of World Cup tickets to go on sale
- 20:23 CET Argentine Zarate turns down World Cup chance with Chile
- 19:11 CET Lotus braced for tough start to F1 season
- 19:09 CET Nuerburgring bought by race car supplier Capricorn
- 18:33 CET Struggling Charlton appoint Riga after Powell axed