Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 13:33 CET Moores returns as England coach
- 11:11 CET Hamilton on pole for Mercedes in wet China
- 07:02 CET Ricciardo puts Red Bull on top in wet final practice in China
- 00:55 CET Honda to focus on McLaren in 2015
- 23:55 CET Korean K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- 23:35 CET It’s getting increasingly tough for bowlers, says Ajmal
- 20:49 CET Desisa bids for repeat in fast Boston field
- 20:23 CET Replacement Asian Games host needed fast, not Singapore- Ng Ser…