Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 00:00 CET Malaga sign Mexico World Cup goalkeeper Ochoa
- 20:05 CET Anderson and Jadeja found not guilty by ICC
- 19:10 CET No escaping Van Gaal’s gaze for Manchester United squad
- 18:36 CET Atletico take Argentine Ansaldi on loan from Zenit
- 18:32 CET Vermaelen may leave Arsenal, says Wenger
- 17:31 CET Real stadium plans disrupted by Madrid court ruling
- 15:05 CET Gorecka overcomes all the odds to run in Glasgow
- 14:49 CET Crystal Palace sign Norwegian defender Hangeland