Former CSC Team captain Tyler Hamilton revealed on Sunday that Bjarne Riis, his manager at the time, was the man who introduced him to the controversial doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.
Riis, who confessed to doping during his own career, has always denied knowing the Spanish doctor who was accused several times of supplying doping substances to world athletes.
Hamilton wrote about the issue in his autobiography entitled ‘The Secret Race’.
A spokesman for the CSC team, now known as Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, told journalists on Monday Riis had no comment to the recent allegations.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:27 CET Recovering McKinnon has arm movement, feeling in legs
- 07:22 CET Former Dutch midfielder Boateng gets coaching debut in Malaysia
- 05:34 CET Phelps beaten in first comeback final
- 05:02 CET Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- 03:06 CET Imola still a shock 20 years on for Hill
- 02:52 CET World Cup stadium delays affect ticket availability – FIFA
- 02:50 CET Former world downhill champion Kucera retires
- 02:50 CET For Mosley, safety is Senna’s lasting legacy