A Polish man who vandalised a Mark Rothko painting worth millions of euros has been jailed for two years in Britain. The 26-year-old scrawled his signature on the mural ‘Black on Maroon’ which is displayed at London’s Tate Modern. The painting by the Russian-born artist was donated to the museum in the 1960s.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 19:14 CET British military chopper makes unexpected West Bank landing
- 19:14 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting
- 19:08 CET PKK militants abduct four Turkish soldiers after unrest
- 18:52 CET Afghanistan, Iran plan cooperation pact amid tensions with U.S.
- 18:48 CET Florence mayor Renzi poised to take control of Italy’s left
- 18:36 CET Colombia’s FARC says will declare 30-day ceasefire from December 15
- 18:24 CET French President Hollande’s popularity creeps higher
- 18:07 CET Adviser to Yemen’s president survives assassination attempt