As euronews celebrates its 20th anniversary, Kirsten Ripper, the head of the German service, remembers one of the first stories covered by the new channel.
The Bosnian war was already underway when euronews launched in January 1993. Kirsten describes the pictures of familes fleeing the fighting.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Queens of opera offer royal take on ‘Maria Stuarda’ at Covent Garden
- 2Russia sanctions threaten to rebound on EU
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Israeli strike kills 19 Palestinians near Gaza market