As euronews celebrates its 20th anniversary, Kirsten Ripper, the head of the German service, remembers one of the first stories covered by the new channel.
The Bosnian war was already underway when euronews launched in January 1993. Kirsten describes the pictures of familes fleeing the fighting.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’