Israeli soldiers have shot dead a Palestinian teenager near Ramallah in the West Bank.
Samir Awad, who was 17, is said to be the fourth Palestinian to be killed by the Israeli military in a week.
He was hit as troops opened fire on protesters near a barrier Israel has built to keep out suicide bombers.
Palestinian sources said he was shot at least three times after students, on the last day of exams, threw stones at the soldiers.
The Israeli army said he was one of several Palestinians who had tried to damage the barrier to enter Israel illegally, that soldiers replied immediately and live fire was used.
An investigation has been ordered, according to the military.
Separately, the funeral has been held in Gaza of a young Palestinian man reportedly shot in the head near the Israeli border.
Palestinian sources say Mustafa Abu Jarad was a farmer tending his crops.
Israel has denied involvement.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 23:49 CET Spain PM urges greater European integration
- 23:03 CET Brash Florence mayor Renzi wins centre-left leadership
- 22:34 CET India’s ruling party stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- 21:25 CET Syrian opposition head fears U.S.-Iran thaw could benefit Assad
- 19:59 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting
- 19:56 CET Colombia’s FARC says to declare 30-day ceasefire from December 15
- 19:14 CET British military chopper makes unexpected West Bank landing
- 19:08 CET PKK militants abduct four Turkish soldiers after unrest