A suicide bomber has attacked the Kurdish party office in Iraq’s disputed city of Kirkuk, killing at least 15 people.
The attack came as Iraq’s Shi’ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is locked in a feud with ethnic Kurds in the north over disputed oilfields.
The blast outside the offices of the Kurdistan Democratic Party caused widespread damage and chaos.
Another three people died and 37 more were wounded in a separate bombing outside a rival Kurdish political party office in Tuz Khurmato, 170 km north of the capital.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 23:19 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed
- 23:03 CET Afghan women stand to be counted as West begins to disengage
- 22:31 CET Mexico captures senior drug boss operating in Mexico City
- 22:27 CET Saudi authorities detain activist after court appearance – wife
- 21:09 CET Yemen’s al Qaeda leader vows to attack America in new video
- 21:05 CET Syrian opposition accuses Assad’s forces of new poison gas attack
- 21:04 CET Algerian police break up anti-government protest before election
- 20:34 CET Iranian negotiators reject hardline criticism of nuclear talks