Japan’s two leading airlines have both grounded their fleet of Boeing 787s after one was forced to make an emergency landing.
Instruments on the All Nippon Airways flight 962 indicated a battery malfunction. The crew noticed an unusual smell in the cockpit.
The plane was deviated from its route to Tokyo and landed safely. All 129 passengers and eight crew were evacuated safely from the aircraft via inflatable chutes. Five people were slightly injured.
The incident is the latest in a series of mishaps for the Dreamliner and passenger confidence is now an issue. There have been problems with fuel leaks, a battery fire, wiring, computer glitches and cracked windows.
Both Nippon and Japan Airlines have grounded their 787 fleets pending safety checks.“A comprehensive review of the aircraft was announced in the US last week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 2Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 3Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
- 4Turkey’s Erdogan threatens Facebook & YouTube over ‘immorality and espionage’
- 5Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed
- 1Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
- 2Syria’s Assad expresses support for Putin on Ukraine
- 3Ukraine as it happened: EU and US announce sanctions to Russia as talks linger on
- 4Russia: Pussy Riot suffer burns and head injuries after being attacked at McDonalds
- 5Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 1Oscars 2014: ’12 Years a Slave’ makes history with best picture Oscar
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Moscow start talks with Kyiv under US and EU threats of sanctions
- 3Read Jared Leto’s touching, thoughtful acceptance speech
- 4Ukraine: Violent clashes in Kharkiv leave dozens injured
- 5Ukraine as it happened: Crimean referendum widens US-Russia split
Wires > News
- 14:06 CET Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed…
- 11:56 CET Indian airliner evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- 06:59 CET China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory
- 06:18 CET China draws ‘red line’ on North Korea, says won’t allow war on…
- 01:08 CET Malaysia’s Anwar convicted of sodomy, political future in doubt
- 00:38 CET Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis – media
- 22:32 CET Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt
- 21:50 CET U.S. special forces sent to train Iraqi special forces in Jordan