UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned an attack at Aleppo University and warned that the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime.
At least 87 people were killed by two large explosions on Tuesday.
The Syrian government and the opposition blamed each other for the attack.
On Wednesday state TV announced that Syria and Iran have agreed a credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development bank of Iran, worth a billion US dollars (750 million euros).
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
As news of the deal came out amateur footage uploaded on social networking sites purported to show heavy aerial bombardment across the country.
In one clip, said to have been filmed in the Daraya district of Damascus, a plane can be heard flying overhead shortly before a bombed building is shown and thick plumes of smoke fill the air.
Two more videos said to have been filmed in the Al Houla area of Homs purported to show the aftermath of heavy shelling.
The UN estimates that more than 60,000 people have been killed in the 22-month-old conflict.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 247 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 3Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Ukraine suspects one of its jets was shot down by another aircraft
- 147 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 2TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Costa Concordia finally clear of Giglio, destined for dismemberment
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 447 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 07:37 CET Leaders of Taiwan, China offer condolences for 48 dead in plane…
- 07:33 CET China plans railway to India, Nepal borders by 2020
- 07:30 CET U.S. lifts ban on flights to Israel as Gaza toll tops 700
- 02:57 CET Venezuela’s world-famous ‘vertical slum’ may be demolished
- 23:23 CET Suicide bombs in Nigeria’s Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari…
- 23:21 CET India bids to reassert influence in Nepal with power pact
- 21:26 CET Chinese president ends regional tour in cradle of Cuban Revolution
- 19:28 CET Bulgaria’s prime minister resigns with bank crisis unresolved