UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned an attack at Aleppo University and warned that the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime.
At least 87 people were killed by two large explosions on Tuesday.
The Syrian government and the opposition blamed each other for the attack.
On Wednesday state TV announced that Syria and Iran have agreed a credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development bank of Iran, worth a billion US dollars (750 million euros).
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
As news of the deal came out amateur footage uploaded on social networking sites purported to show heavy aerial bombardment across the country.
In one clip, said to have been filmed in the Daraya district of Damascus, a plane can be heard flying overhead shortly before a bombed building is shown and thick plumes of smoke fill the air.
Two more videos said to have been filmed in the Al Houla area of Homs purported to show the aftermath of heavy shelling.
The UN estimates that more than 60,000 people have been killed in the 22-month-old conflict.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 2Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 3TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 4South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 5Funeral for teacher hailed a hero in South Korea ferry tragedy
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5South Korea recovers more dead from ferry
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
Wires > News
- 06:00 CET Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- 04:42 CET Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- 04:42 CET China seizure of ship could hurt Japan business – Japan spokesman
- 23:27 CET Ex-army chief, leftist to run for Egyptian presidency
- 22:55 CET Italy economy minister says 2014 growth could be above 0.8 percent…
- 21:55 CET Al Qaeda kills 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- 21:12 CET Boston Marathon looks to emerge from shadow of 2013 bombing
- 20:04 CET Technical problems delay reopening of Libya’s Zueitina oil port -…