UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned an attack at Aleppo University and warned that the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime.
At least 87 people were killed by two large explosions on Tuesday.
The Syrian government and the opposition blamed each other for the attack.
On Wednesday state TV announced that Syria and Iran have agreed a credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development bank of Iran, worth a billion US dollars (750 million euros).
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
As news of the deal came out amateur footage uploaded on social networking sites purported to show heavy aerial bombardment across the country.
In one clip, said to have been filmed in the Daraya district of Damascus, a plane can be heard flying overhead shortly before a bombed building is shown and thick plumes of smoke fill the air.
Two more videos said to have been filmed in the Al Houla area of Homs purported to show the aftermath of heavy shelling.
The UN estimates that more than 60,000 people have been killed in the 22-month-old conflict.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1As it happened: Malaysia’s flight mystery remains as searches extended to Malacca Strait
- 2Ships and aircraft from ten countries continue search for missing Malaysia flight
- 3Malaysia plane: oil rig worker reports a “burning plane” as search continues
- 4Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 5Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 1Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 2As it happened: Malaysia’s flight mystery remains as searches extended to Malacca Strait
- 3Hijacking not ruled out as search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet enters third day
- 4Ships and aircraft from ten countries continue search for missing Malaysia flight
- 5Prayers for a miracle as the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines jet baffles the experts
- 1Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 2Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 3Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 4Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed
- 5Hijacking not ruled out as search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet enters third day
Wires > News
- 21:17 CET Thousands clash with police as Turkish teenager buried
- 21:16 CET Algerian premier to quit to run Bouteflika election campaign -…
- 21:15 CET Israel’s parliament toughens referendum-on-peace law
- 20:50 CET Assad visits displaced Syrians outside Damascus – TV
- 20:44 CET Somalia, peacekeepers launch offensive against militants – U.N.
- 20:01 CET EU ready to help Bosnia speed up reforms after protests – Ashton
- 19:46 CET UAE summons Iraq ambassador over Saudi “terrorism” charge
- 18:46 CET NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing