How much damage will the pictures of passengers being evacuated from a 787 Dreamliner affect confidence in the aircraft? The All Nipon Airways flight was diverted from its route to Tokyo after instruments indicated a battery malfunction. It led to Japan’s top two carriers grounding their fleets.
Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways operate around 50 of the giant jets delivered to date by Boeing. How will the order book be affected?
“As of now there are about 800 orders for the Boeing 787. If they indeed manage to look into these problems properly then I think cancellations will be limited to as few as possible,” said Kotaro Torumi an airline industry expert.
A crack which appeared in the window of the pilot’s side of the cockpit last Friday was the fifth safety problem in a week to beset the aircraft which has been heralded by some as the future of commercial aviation.
But problems arose before the first plane was even delivered. There were cost overruns and years of delays. Boeing have denied outsourcing or a rush to get the project completed due to the delays resulted in the recent problems.
A comprehensive review of the aircraft was announced in the US last week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 4Ukraine suspects one of its jets was shot down by another aircraft
- 5Israelis unite around troops fighting in Gaza
- 147 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 2TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Costa Concordia finally clear of Giglio, destined for dismemberment
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 447 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 23:12 CET Peres steps down as Israeli president, sees peace ‘one day’
- 23:09 CET French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- 22:47 CET U.N. panel tells Japan to compensate ‘comfort women’
- 22:33 CET Special report – Inside Xi Jinping’s purge of China’s oil mandarins
- 22:19 CET At least 15 killed by Israeli shelling of Gaza school; toll…
- 22:16 CET EU targets state-owned Russia banks in sanctions plan
- 22:11 CET Italy PM Renzi’s reform plans hit resistance in Senate
- 22:01 CET Mali government, northern rebels sign roadmap deal for peace talks