How much damage will the pictures of passengers being evacuated from a 787 Dreamliner affect confidence in the aircraft? The All Nipon Airways flight was diverted from its route to Tokyo after instruments indicated a battery malfunction. It led to Japan’s top two carriers grounding their fleets.
Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways operate around 50 of the giant jets delivered to date by Boeing. How will the order book be affected?
“As of now there are about 800 orders for the Boeing 787. If they indeed manage to look into these problems properly then I think cancellations will be limited to as few as possible,” said Kotaro Torumi an airline industry expert.
A crack which appeared in the window of the pilot’s side of the cockpit last Friday was the fifth safety problem in a week to beset the aircraft which has been heralded by some as the future of commercial aviation.
But problems arose before the first plane was even delivered. There were cost overruns and years of delays. Boeing have denied outsourcing or a rush to get the project completed due to the delays resulted in the recent problems.
A comprehensive review of the aircraft was announced in the US last week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 17:51 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika wins election with 81.53 percent – official…
- 17:42 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 17:10 CET Bahraini man dies two months after being shot by police – family
- 17:05 CET Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years -…
- 16:35 CET Turkish president rules out role swap with Erdogan
- 16:24 CET Bomb blast kills 14 at mosque in Syria’s Homs – state TV
- 16:00 CET Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits…
- 15:59 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row