A distraught man carrying a wounded child through rubble and shouting “innocent children, innocent children” is the opening image on one of several amateur videos posted on a social website.
They have been unverified and show Syrian government air strikes reportedly targeting the province of Hama.
The number of dead and wounded is not clear. Syrian warplanes and troops mounted a countrywide offensive on Thursday, activists and state media said.
Further images captured alleged attacks in Damascus. The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said more than one hundred people including women and children were killed in one of Thursday’s attacks on a district on the edge of Homs. Aleppo was also a target.
Pictures of devastation caused when a rocket slammed into a building in the city were provided by the government-controlled Syrian television.
It said there were several casualties and that the explosion was caused by a rocket fired by a “terrorist group” a term the government uses frequently to describe rebels involved in the 22-month-old uprising.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 4Fresh Israeli shelling hits UN school injuring scores of children
- 5#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 02:42 CET Sudanese woman who had faced execution for conversion arrives in…
- 02:07 CET For wandering tankers with $300 million of Kurdish crude, end-game…
- 00:47 CET Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729
- 00:15 CET Taiwan gas blast kills 15, injures 243 – local media
- 00:01 CET Iraqi Kurds, battling Islamist threat, press Washington for arms
- 23:11 CET Game of thrones- Afghan leadership vacuum raises summit questions
- 20:00 CET Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route
- 19:29 CET Russia’s top general says Moscow committed to nuclear missile…