Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 07:11 CET INSIGHT-Sweden rethinks pioneering school reforms, private equity…
- 06:48 CET Pakistan, Iran agree to speed up gas pipeline project
- 05:57 CET North Korea’s ‘reign of terror’ worries South’s leader
- 02:59 CET U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made ‘confession‘…
- 02:57 CET Former rebel mayor of Colombia’s capital removed from post
- 01:52 CET Three Cuban migrants feared killed off Florida coast
- 01:48 CET Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting – researcher
- 00:49 CET Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister