Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 05:59 CET Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead -…
- 05:42 CET China stresses need for stability at first meeting of new security…
- 05:21 CET Australian state premier resigns over A$3,000 bottle of wine gift
- 04:05 CET Recovery effort underway after two die in Australia coal mine
- 02:09 CET Iran’s Zarif not worried about pushback from hardliners on nuclear…
- 01:35 CET Thousands flee gun battle as Chad withdraw from Central African…
- 01:06 CET U.S., China in ‘productive’ talks after North Korea test threat
- 23:40 CET Bombs wound three policemen in Cairo