Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Hollywood star Paul Walker dies in car crash
- 2Fans in shock at death of ‘Fast and Furious’ star Paul Walker
- 3Follow live the countdown to Comet ISON’s destiny with the sun
- 4Sex workers and prostitutes protest outside French parliament while sex bill is debated inside
- 5Thailand anti-government protesters seize state TV
- 00:38 CET Delaying security deal a risk to Afghan forces – U.S. military…
- 00:27 CET U.S. spy agency gathers data on cellphone locations globally -…
- 00:26 CET Mexico lawmakers preparing to debate energy reform – top senator
- 00:20 CET Senior Obama adviser criticizes human rights abuses in China…
- 00:09 CET Biden calls for trust with China amid airspace dispute
- 23:52 CET Mexico finds stolen truck that carried radioactive material -…
- 23:30 CET Iran’s ability to enrich uranium troubles U.S. lawmakers
- 23:02 CET Italy’s top court rules electoral law breaches constitution