Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 247 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 3TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Ukraine suspects one of its jets was shot down by another aircraft
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3Demonstrations in Israeli cities over Gaza conflict
- 4EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 5Israeli air strikes continue as death toll in Gaza conflict escalates
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 23:23 CET Suicide bombs in Nigeria’s Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari…
- 23:21 CET India bids to reassert influence in Nepal with power pact
- 21:56 CET TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- 21:26 CET Chinese president ends regional tour in cradle of Cuban Revolution
- 19:28 CET Bulgaria’s prime minister resigns with bank crisis unresolved
- 18:12 CET Lebanese soldier defects to al Qaeda in Syria – video
- 17:42 CET Yemen president says Houthis agree to return town to state control
- 17:05 CET Islamists gun down Somali protest singer-turned-lawmaker