Boeing has halted deliveries of the 787 Dreamliner until regulators can ensure that its lithium ore batteries are completely safe.
An All Nippon Airways 787 was forced to make an emergency landing in western Japan this week when warning lights came on during a domestic flight.
Japanese and US aviation officials are investigating the badly damaged battery removed from the aircraft.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 4Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 5Five more years for Bouteflika
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:40 CET Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status