Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:40 CET English FA tightens betting rules for new season
- 10:59 CET Waratahs wary of Crusaders back row in Super final
- 10:50 CET Egyptian sumo wrestler storms his way into ancient sport
- 10:02 CET World Cup boosts revenue for bookmaker William Hill
- 07:54 CET Crusaders have qualities to match former champions – Blackadder
- 07:22 CET Obama commemorates Special Olympics anniversary at star-studded…
- 06:49 CET Steve the Giant Killer slays Karlovic in Washington
- 05:55 CET Wallabies fans go mobile in best seats in the house