Around 200 Eritrean soldiers with two tanks have surrounded the Ministry of Information in the capital Asmara, regional diplomatic sources said on Monday.
State television and radio went off air after the troops moved in and they were still not broadcasting on Monday afternoon, the sources told Reuters.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 08:08 CET Anarchy at door, West starts to rebuild Libyan army
- 07:55 CET Suicide bomber attacks Yemen’s defence ministry – source
- 07:41 CET Heavy weapons fire heard in Central African Republic capital
- 07:13 CET Ten killed in Nicaraguan gunfight near Honduran border
- 07:08 CET Analysis – Two factors key to lawsuits over New York train crash
- 06:17 CET Biden says disputes remain over treatment of U.S. journalists in…
- 05:59 CET Thaksin’s homecoming hopes dashed as Thai crisis reignites
- 05:48 CET Pentagon focused on weapons, data fusion as F-35 nears combat use