Reports from Texas say three people have been injured in a shooting at a US college indicating one of those hurt may have been the shooter.
This latest incident happened on the North Harris campus of the Lone Star College in Houston.
Students had been asked to take shelter after reports of a gunman on campus.
The manager of media relations for the college is quoted as telling a local news outlet. “It’s a pretty chaotic scene at this point in time.”
More than 10,000 students attend the North Harris campus of Lone Star College.
The incident comes just twenty-four hours after President Barack Obama’s inauguration. He wants to strengthen gun laws and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 3Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 4[Live] Ukraine: Lavrov and Kerry to announce results of Geneva peace talks
- 5Expectations are low as ministers gather for Ukraine crisis talks in Geneva
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 17:29 CET Iraqi Kurds entrench political faultline with Syria border ditch
- 17:11 CET Saudi activist sentenced to 15 years in jail for protests: lawyer
- 16:52 CET Burundi orders U.N. security adviser out after violence warning
- 16:49 CET Runaway spy Snowden is surprise guest on Putin phone-in
- 16:33 CET Exclusive – Syria submits more ‘detailed’ list of chemical weapons
- 16:24 CET Tunisian diplomat kidnapped in Libyan capital
- 16:05 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 15:56 CET Iran cuts sensitive nuclear stockpile, key plant delayed – IAEA