Reports from Texas say three people have been injured in a shooting at a US college indicating one of those hurt may have been the shooter.
This latest incident happened on the North Harris campus of the Lone Star College in Houston.
Students had been asked to take shelter after reports of a gunman on campus.
The manager of media relations for the college is quoted as telling a local news outlet. “It’s a pretty chaotic scene at this point in time.”
More than 10,000 students attend the North Harris campus of Lone Star College.
The incident comes just twenty-four hours after President Barack Obama’s inauguration. He wants to strengthen gun laws and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 4Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 12:42 CET Fukushima contractor sanctioned by Japan labour regulator
- 12:29 CET Iran official says U.S. sanctions violate Geneva deal spirit
- 11:45 CET Sex video case lands another China official in jail
- 11:17 CET Japan should embrace nuclear power, government panel says
- 11:11 CET Insight – In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid US drone strikes
- 11:05 CET Suspects on run after breakout from Baghdad police cell
- 10:57 CET Greek police investigate arson attack at former PM’s seaside house
- 10:23 CET Irish government faces post-bailout battle to woo back voters