Favourite to win, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pledged to continue controversial settlement building on the West Bank.
Home to ex-Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, the Nokdim settlement is widely expected to vote for the right-wing alliance with between Lieberman’s Yisrael Beitenu and Netanyahu’s Likud party.
In Ma’ale-Adumim, the third largest Israeli settlement on the West Bank, Netayahu’s promise of settlement building is not the most pressing issue for all, as one resident explains.“Most of the people are now dealing with the economic problems. All of them know that there will be cuts after the election, that’s why they don’t care anymore.”
The international community has voiced concerns that any further settlement building would put an end to Israel-Palestine peace talks indefinitely.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 12:30 CET Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits…
- 12:23 CET At least 12 Nepali guides killed in Everest avalanche
- 11:55 CET Labour Party hires Obama strategist for 2015 poll
- 11:42 CET Japan to arm remote western island, risking more China tension
- 10:27 CET Iran says will firmly deter any attacks as military displays might
- 09:45 CET As opposition grows, China defends plans for petrochemical plants
- 08:42 CET Fly me to Sochi, demands Cathay passenger armed with chocolate…
- 08:06 CET India’s election commission lifts ban on top Modi aide