Dutch international Wesley Sneijder has completed his move from Inter Milan to Galatasaray for a fee of €7.5million after passing a club medical at an Istanbul hospital on Tuesday.
The 28 year old, who signed a three-year deal with the Turkish champions, inspired the Nerazzuri to an unprecedented Champions League, Serie A and Italian Cup treble in 2010 before helping the Netherlands finish World Cup runners-up in South Africa.
Sneijder made only six appearances for Inter Milan this season and despite his lack of playing time, the Dutch playmaker could make his Galatasaray debut at home to city rivals Besiktas on Sunday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 17:28 CET Much-criticised World Cup venue Manaus stages first game
- 16:03 CET Newcastle’s Gosling admits FA betting charge
- 15:53 CET Stevens primed for Stuttgart relegation ‘adventure’
- 14:50 CET Adidas and Nike battle for soccer supremacy in World Cup year
- 14:25 CET Injured Dutchman Strootman out of World Cup
- 14:06 CET Neymar can handle World Cup pressure, says Pele
- 13:54 CET Getafe sack coach Garcia and line up Romanian Contra
- 13:49 CET Bayern boss Hoeness admits far bigger tax dodge than charged with