There was a lockdown on a US college campus as three people, including two students were injured during a shooting in Texas.
The latest incident happened at the Lone Star community college in a suburb of Houston when, according to authorities one man opened fire on another during an apparent argument, hitting people nearby.
A 22-year-old man was later charged with aggravated assault. He was named as Carlton Berry.
The two people involved in the argument were treated in hospital, including a woman with student identification with a medical issue that was not a gunshot wound, authorities said. A maintenance worker who had been standing nearby was shot in the leg.
A student described seeing the man with a gun: “He had it hidden in his clothes. After that he pulled it out and started shooting the other guy. He accidentlly shot another dude. But he didn’t mean to, I guess, shoot the other dude. But he shot two or three other people.”
The shooting at the community college was the latest incident at a US school since a gunman massacred 20 children and six adults in Connecticut in December.
President Barack Obama has signalled his intention to strengthen gun laws in the US and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2Ukrainian army storms illegal checkpoints killing at least five
- 3MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 4Turkish prime minister talks of ‘shared pain’ in statement on Armenian killings
- 5War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 18:40 CET Netanyahu: Israel will never negotiate with Hamas-backed government
- 18:38 CET South Sudan to free prisoners as pressure mounts for peace deal
- 18:12 CET Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack
- 17:49 CET Egypt’s army says has ‘complete control’ over Sinai Peninsula
- 17:48 CET Israel suspends peace talks with Palestinians – Israeli official
- 17:48 CET Syrian air strikes kill dozens at market near Aleppo -report
- 17:45 CET Kuwaiti parliament seeks to question prime minister on housing
- 17:01 CET Chemical weapons watchdog weighs chlorine attack probe in Syria -…