There was a lockdown on a US college campus as three people, including two students were injured during a shooting in Texas.
The latest incident happened at the Lone Star community college in a suburb of Houston when, according to authorities one man opened fire on another during an apparent argument, hitting people nearby.
A 22-year-old man was later charged with aggravated assault. He was named as Carlton Berry.
The two people involved in the argument were treated in hospital, including a woman with student identification with a medical issue that was not a gunshot wound, authorities said. A maintenance worker who had been standing nearby was shot in the leg.
A student described seeing the man with a gun: “He had it hidden in his clothes. After that he pulled it out and started shooting the other guy. He accidentlly shot another dude. But he didn’t mean to, I guess, shoot the other dude. But he shot two or three other people.”
The shooting at the community college was the latest incident at a US school since a gunman massacred 20 children and six adults in Connecticut in December.
President Barack Obama has signalled his intention to strengthen gun laws in the US and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3Demonstrations in Israeli cities over Gaza conflict
- 4EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 5Israeli air strikes continue as death toll in Gaza conflict escalates
- 1Malaysia Airlines cabin crew traumatised by tragedies
- 2Putin calls for an end to conflict in Ukraine as pressure builds on Moscow
- 3Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 4Dutch fury as questions about plane tragedy go unanswered
- 5Ukraine: fresh fighting reported in rebel-controlled Donetsk
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 21:00 CET Suicide bomb kills at least four at army base in Benghazi -…
- 20:21 CET Qatar emir arrives in Jeddah to meet Saudi king – Al Jazeera TV
- 19:42 CET Boko Haram virtually controls Nigerian town, villages – witnesses
- 18:53 CET U.S. airlines halt flights to Israel due to instability
- 18:46 CET Indonesian president-elect Jokowi calls for unity after bitter…
- 18:26 CET Central African Republic rebels demand partition in Brazzaville…
- 18:15 CET IAEA worried about slow progress in Iran nuclear probe- sources
- 18:01 CET Russia may ask rich to help foot bill for Crimea with ‘solidarity…