There was a lockdown on a US college campus as three people, including two students were injured during a shooting in Texas.
The latest incident happened at the Lone Star community college in a suburb of Houston when, according to authorities one man opened fire on another during an apparent argument, hitting people nearby.
A 22-year-old man was later charged with aggravated assault. He was named as Carlton Berry.
The two people involved in the argument were treated in hospital, including a woman with student identification with a medical issue that was not a gunshot wound, authorities said. A maintenance worker who had been standing nearby was shot in the leg.
A student described seeing the man with a gun: “He had it hidden in his clothes. After that he pulled it out and started shooting the other guy. He accidentlly shot another dude. But he didn’t mean to, I guess, shoot the other dude. But he shot two or three other people.”
The shooting at the community college was the latest incident at a US school since a gunman massacred 20 children and six adults in Connecticut in December.
President Barack Obama has signalled his intention to strengthen gun laws in the US and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Students floated to safety from South Korea ferry
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Israel warns of “long-lasting operation” in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 4Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 5UN says downing of MH17 over Ukraine may constitute a ‘war crime’
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 03:51 CET U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- 03:43 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 03:23 CET Australian PM Abbott’s tough stance on MH17 paying off – poll
- 02:04 CET Police arrest four in beating death of China grad student near USC
- 01:24 CET Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola…
- 00:59 CET Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas court
- 00:16 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 23:32 CET Honduras raids mayor’s homes, finds fancy trucks, peacocks