More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 14:42 CET Nigeria shuts Abuja airport after plane veers off runway
- 14:40 CET Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya’s Benghazi
- 14:39 CET Hardline Islamist party urges Egyptians to back constitution
- 14:23 CET Vatican to set up special committee on child sex abuse
- 14:19 CET Hurricane Xaver batters Scotland as Germany braces for storm
- 14:14 CET Local vote to test Venezuelan president’s strength
- 14:01 CET Suicide bomber attacks Yemen’s Defence Ministry – sources
- 13:57 CET Japan state secrets bill on track to become law despite protests