A suicide bomber has struck a Shia mosque in the Iraqi city of Tuz Khurmato, 175 kilometres north of Baghdad.
The explosion killed at least 25 people who were attending a funeral of a politician’s relative who was shot dead a day earlier.
The latest attack follows a wave of violence on Tuesday, when three deadly blasts were detonated around Baghdad killing 17 and wounding dozens.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 09:54 CET Pentagon chief Hagel in Pakistan for talks on security, drones
- 09:17 CET Japan PM Abe’s ratings slide after state secrets act
- 07:54 CET Analysis – ‘Brussels consensus’ widens gulf with EU electorates
- 07:35 CET Kurdish militants free 4 abducted Turkish soldiers
- 06:55 CET More than 70 leaders expected for Mandela memorial, funeral
- 05:19 CET India’s ruling party stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- 03:51 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- 23:49 CET Spain PM urges greater European integration