A motorist in Russia has caught on camera the moment a one-year-old baby came within centimetres of a passing truck after being thrown from a car after a crash.
The driver of a white Mitsubishi lost control of his car after overtaking in snowy conditions in Nizhny Novgorod.
When the vehicle hit a lorry moving in the opposite direction , the impact took away the rear of the car, leaving the back seat exposed.
The toddler, who police say was wrapped in a blanket underneath the rear window rather than strapped into the back seat, is seen tumbling from the Mitsubishi into the path of another oncoming lorry.
Fortunately the lorry driver was able to steer away from the little girl, who escaped with only small cuts and bruises.
Thanks to the footage, taken by a dashboard camera, traffic police were able to track the 53-year-old driver of the Mitsubishi who, as well as neglecting to strap in the child as required by law, performed an illegal overtaking manoeuvre, according to authorities.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3Demonstrations in Israeli cities over Gaza conflict
- 4EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 5Israeli air strikes continue as death toll in Gaza conflict escalates
- 1Malaysia Airlines cabin crew traumatised by tragedies
- 2Putin calls for an end to conflict in Ukraine as pressure builds on Moscow
- 3Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 4Dutch fury as questions about plane tragedy go unanswered
- 5Ukraine: fresh fighting reported in rebel-controlled Donetsk
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 16:59 CET Italy arrests five for mass murder during boat crossing
- 16:54 CET Jokowi party claims victory in Indonesian presidential election
- 16:49 CET Striking South African unions considering latest offer
- 16:47 CET Italy parliament votes to allow arrest of Berlusconi ally
- 16:44 CET Kuwait revokes citizenship of two opposition figures, relatives
- 16:42 CET Gunfire rings out near military base in Congo’s capital -witnesses
- 16:41 CET Colombian mine mechanics, government to seek end to 12-day strike
- 16:29 CET South Sudan rebel team quits Uganda without meeting on mending ties