A motorist in Russia has caught on camera the moment a one-year-old baby came within centimetres of a passing truck after being thrown from a car after a crash.
The driver of a white Mitsubishi lost control of his car after overtaking in snowy conditions in Nizhny Novgorod.
When the vehicle hit a lorry moving in the opposite direction , the impact took away the rear of the car, leaving the back seat exposed.
The toddler, who police say was wrapped in a blanket underneath the rear window rather than strapped into the back seat, is seen tumbling from the Mitsubishi into the path of another oncoming lorry.
Fortunately the lorry driver was able to steer away from the little girl, who escaped with only small cuts and bruises.
Thanks to the footage, taken by a dashboard camera, traffic police were able to track the 53-year-old driver of the Mitsubishi who, as well as neglecting to strap in the child as required by law, performed an illegal overtaking manoeuvre, according to authorities.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1As it happened: Malaysia’s flight mystery remains as searches extended to Malacca Strait
- 2Ships and aircraft from ten countries continue search for missing Malaysia flight
- 3Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 4Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 5Turkey: Berkin Elvan, 15, hurt in Istanbul clashes, dies after months in coma
- 1Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 2As it happened: Malaysia’s flight mystery remains as searches extended to Malacca Strait
- 3Hijacking not ruled out as search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet enters third day
- 4Ships and aircraft from ten countries continue search for missing Malaysia flight
- 5Prayers for a miracle as the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines jet baffles the experts
- 1Missing Malaysia Airlines plane ‘crashes off Vietnam’
- 2Flight MH370: possible mid-air disintegration, unconfirmed object ‘spotted’ in sea
- 3Claims Michael Schumacher is breathing independently played down by his management
- 4Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed
- 5Hijacking not ruled out as search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet enters third day
Wires > News
- 15:13 CET Algerian police halt opposition march against Bouteflika bid
- 15:04 CET Thousands flock to Turkish boy’s funeral after night of protest
- 14:02 CET Putin says dissatisfied with Russia’s economic growth rate
- 13:47 CET Islamist militants, local men said to kill 22 in Syrian village
- 13:44 CET Little-known group claims killing of Swedish journalist in Kabul
- 13:17 CET Swiss investigating Uzbek president’s daughter over money…
- 13:01 CET Sudan police fire tear gas at protesters attending student’s…
- 12:46 CET Exclusive – EU approves framework and wording for sanctions on…