A motorist in Russia has caught on camera the moment a one-year-old baby came within centimetres of a passing truck after being thrown from a car after a crash.
The driver of a white Mitsubishi lost control of his car after overtaking in snowy conditions in Nizhny Novgorod.
When the vehicle hit a lorry moving in the opposite direction , the impact took away the rear of the car, leaving the back seat exposed.
The toddler, who police say was wrapped in a blanket underneath the rear window rather than strapped into the back seat, is seen tumbling from the Mitsubishi into the path of another oncoming lorry.
Fortunately the lorry driver was able to steer away from the little girl, who escaped with only small cuts and bruises.
Thanks to the footage, taken by a dashboard camera, traffic police were able to track the 53-year-old driver of the Mitsubishi who, as well as neglecting to strap in the child as required by law, performed an illegal overtaking manoeuvre, according to authorities.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 22:05 CET U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of…
- 21:58 CET Exclusive- Brazil report on World Cup air traffic jams at odds…
- 21:51 CET Aide to North Korean leader’s ousted uncle seeks asylum in South -…
- 21:33 CET Islamists demand fall of Libyan govt, end to oil blockades
- 21:21 CET Hagel reassures Gulf allies U.S. committed to regional security
- 20:29 CET France launches mission to halt Central African Republic violence
- 20:22 CET Clashes break out in Athens on anniversary of teenager’s killing
- 20:00 CET Central African Republic clashes killed at least 281 – Red Cross