Customs Officials in Pakistan say they have seized drugs and contraband worth 23 million euros.
Heroin and hashish, as well as alcohol and tobacco were destroyed to show the country’s commitment against drug trafficking.
Pakistan is a major route for drugs smuggled out of Afghanistan to the rest of the world.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 18:39 CET Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russian media
- 18:35 CET U.N. to inspect Libya’s uranium stocks amid worsening stability
- 18:03 CET China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth
- 17:33 CET Iran and six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal
- 17:12 CET Syrian army retakes road needed to ship out chemical arms
- 17:06 CET Pentagon chief Hagel in Pakistan for talks on security, drones
- 16:57 CET Friend and foe, world leaders coming together for Mandela
- 16:46 CET Merkel’s conservatives back coalition deal despite doubts