Unions and leftist groups have pre-empted a meeting of European and Latin American leaders in Chile by holding their own ‘People’s Summit’. Thousands of protesters also marched through the capital Santiago calling for an alternative to free market capitalism.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy will attend the originally-planned business summit which lasts until tomorrow.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 16:42 CET New Italian centre-left leader pledges support to government
- 16:17 CET Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- 16:16 CET Protests a memory, Brazil opposition struggles to catch Rousseff
- 16:11 CET Syrian army retakes road needed to ship out chemical arms
- 15:51 CET Italian police fire tear gas as thousands stage ‘Pitchfork Protest’
- 14:07 CET Friend and foe, world leaders coming together for Mandela
- 14:03 CET Kuwaiti court acquits 70 accused over 2011 storming of parliament
- 12:32 CET Japan PM Abe’s ratings slide after state secrets act