Eight policemen have been killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan’s volatile Kandahar province in the south of the country.
They had just defused another device and arrested three Taliban suspects when a second bomb destroyed their vehicle.
Since midday on Saturday 20 police officers have died across the country.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 11:20 CET Czech parties reach coalition deal, boosting stocks
- 10:18 CET United States suspends non-lethal assistance into northern Syria
- 10:11 CET Italy PM Letta promises reform package to boost growth
- 10:05 CET Japan’s defence plans focus on China and islands dispute
- 09:48 CET Bangladesh’s top court adjourns Islamist’s death penalty hearing
- 09:46 CET Iran commander suggests foreign minister stay out of military…
- 08:58 CET India’s top court makes gay sex illegal again
- 08:03 CET Palestinians see worrisome trend in ‘honour’ killings rise