Up to 200 people are feared dead after a blaze at a nightclub in Santa Maria in southern Brazil.
The fire is thought to have been sparked by a band’s pyrotechnics show. A police official said a member of the group or its production team ignited a flare which then set fire to the ceiling.
Authorities believe the death toll is likely to rise as there were more than 500 people inside the club when the fire broke out.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 4Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 1Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Riot police raid Kyiv’s central square
- 4What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 5Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 23:22 CET Tunisia’s Islamists and opposition reach deal on premier
- 22:24 CET White House bid to hold off Iran sanctions gains backing
- 21:15 CET U.S. vows support for Syrian opposition despite troubles
- 21:05 CET Mafia death threat shows Italy still haunted by 1992 murders
- 20:59 CET Three accused in 1998 U.S. embassy bombings to face joint trial
- 20:40 CET Somali president names economist as new prime minister
- 20:38 CET Catalonia sets referendum date next year, Spain says no
- 20:34 CET Car bomb kills one police officer in Ismailia