Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Champions League: Chelsea and Real Madrid advance to last four
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 5Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
Wires > Sport
- 20:33 CET Villa owner Lerner backs Lambert over ‘unexpected issues’
- 20:19 CET Brazil elect new CBF chief to take office in 2015
- 20:18 CET Nadal recovers from shaky start to go through
- 19:52 CET Family is key to understanding accused Boston bomber – attorney
- 18:54 CET AFC boss told to spend less energy on politics
- 18:51 CET Atlanta to launch Major League Soccer franchise on Wednesday
- 16:07 CET Waratahs make second attempt at Folau injury recall
- 14:57 CET Crawley player gets five-game ban for confronting fan