Slovenia’s Robert Kranjec produced a stunning performance to clinch his first World Cup victory of the season in Vikersund on Sunday.
The 31 year old, who completed the podium on Saturday, looked in great shape and scored 416.5 points to edge out his opponents and secure the title.
There was also plenty for German Michael Neumayer to celebrate as he finished a life-time best second ahead of Austrian prodigy Gregor Schlierenzauer who still leads Norway’s Andreas Bardal by 243 points in the overall standings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 12:04 CET Van Gaal hoping Champions League final disrupts Spain
- 01:08 CET Chen and Wang happy ending in sight at All England event
- 23:35 CET Spurs should follow Liverpool’s lead, says Sherwood
- 22:37 CET Ukraine league to resume next weekend despite crisis
- 21:28 CET Indy 500 introduces new qualifying format
- 19:28 CET England’s evolution still moving at pace
- 18:53 CET De Rossi misses Roma trip to Napoli after appeal rejected
- 18:29 CET Messi vomiting ‘not normal’, coach Martino says