A Colombian priest has been arrested in Moscow for drug smuggling.
Anti-narcotic officers say they detained Fabio Ricardo Rodriguez at Sheremetyevo
airport because his “sickly appearance and nervous behaviour” made them suspicious.
Thirteen cocaine-filled condoms were found in his stomach, and another five packages of the drug in his luggage – weighing a total of 780g.
During an interview on Russian television, the Anglican priest said:
“Since I am a priest, this situation is very complex. It goes against my morals and my convictions, but I was forced by a mafia gang to commit this action, I had no choice.”
Rodriguez could spend between 10 and 15 years in prison for the offence.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 4Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 1Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Riot police raid Kyiv’s central square
- 4What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 5Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 19:36 CET Brahimi sets deadline for naming Syrian delegations to peace talks
- 19:25 CET U.S. embassy condemns Romanian broadcast of anti-Semitic carol
- 18:59 CET Israel delays Bedouin resettlement plan
- 18:47 CET Congo signs peace deal with M23 rebels – Kenya presidential…
- 18:36 CET Greece to stop collecting property tax via electricity bills
- 18:35 CET Turkish minister’s visit raises hopes of thaw with Armenia
- 18:23 CET Kerry returns to region to pursue faltering Mideast peace talks
- 18:19 CET Catalonia sets referendum date next year, Spain says it won’t…