A Colombian priest has been arrested in Moscow for drug smuggling.
Anti-narcotic officers say they detained Fabio Ricardo Rodriguez at Sheremetyevo
airport because his “sickly appearance and nervous behaviour” made them suspicious.
Thirteen cocaine-filled condoms were found in his stomach, and another five packages of the drug in his luggage – weighing a total of 780g.
During an interview on Russian television, the Anglican priest said:
“Since I am a priest, this situation is very complex. It goes against my morals and my convictions, but I was forced by a mafia gang to commit this action, I had no choice.”
Rodriguez could spend between 10 and 15 years in prison for the offence.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5South Korea: Operation to recover submerged ferry ‘could take two months’
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 02:01 CET New militant group claims responsibility for Friday blast in Cairo
- 00:28 CET Iran says it watered down, converted over 200 kg of enriched…
- 00:21 CET U.N. peace envoy criticizes Israeli Easter security in Jerusalem
- 22:34 CET Sudanese militants kill two, kidnap three at oil field
- 22:31 CET Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
- 22:15 CET Iran slams U.S. justice verdict on Manhattan skyscraper
- 21:21 CET Two killed by bomb inside Bahrain car – ministry
- 21:16 CET High stakes as restive Benghazi votes in Libyan local polls