A Colombian priest has been arrested in Moscow for drug smuggling.
Anti-narcotic officers say they detained Fabio Ricardo Rodriguez at Sheremetyevo
airport because his “sickly appearance and nervous behaviour” made them suspicious.
Thirteen cocaine-filled condoms were found in his stomach, and another five packages of the drug in his luggage – weighing a total of 780g.
During an interview on Russian television, the Anglican priest said:
“Since I am a priest, this situation is very complex. It goes against my morals and my convictions, but I was forced by a mafia gang to commit this action, I had no choice.”
Rodriguez could spend between 10 and 15 years in prison for the offence.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 20:00 CET Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route
- 19:56 CET Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729
- 19:29 CET Russia’s top general says Moscow committed to nuclear missile…
- 19:26 CET Kenya charges 9 foreigners over 377-kg heroin haul
- 19:13 CET Azerbaijan detains rights activist accused of espionage
- 19:08 CET Iraqi Shi’ite militias use hit lists to pick off foes – police
- 19:01 CET Thai junta gives security forces majority in interim legislature
- 18:55 CET Sudanese woman who had faced execution for conversion due in U.S