Italian authorities have found the body of an American fighter pilot who crashed his F16 jet off the country’s Adriatic coast.
The pilot had left a US military base north of Venice on a training mission on Monday night.
He was flying with three other aircraft when he reported a problem. A helmet and parachute were recovered off the coast of Pesaro two days later.
“It is with great sadness that we announce that the body of Captain Lucas Gruenther was found in the Adriatic Sea this afternoon,” said a statement from his family, which was released by the US Air Force.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 15:09 CET Greek court ruling on migrant shootings causes outrage
- 14:54 CET Sierra Leone declares state of emergency over Ebola
- 14:48 CET Stop-start Afghan vote audit gets green light, but troubles remain
- 14:32 CET Ukraine blocks premier’s resignation, backs laws
- 14:02 CET US says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- 13:26 CET China trial of Uighur scholar within weeks, imam reported killed
- 11:50 CET U.N. religion expert concerned over ‘interrupted’ Vietnam visit
- 11:48 CET Greece sends ships to Libya evacuate embassy, foreign nationals