Southeastern parts of the USA have been ploughed by a storm front in which the winds caused at least two people’s deaths.
The community of Adairsville, north of Atlanta, Georgia, was left shredded.
Tornadoes were reported in Mississippi, Indiana and Tennessee, along a more than thousand kilometre corridor.
At Owen’s Bar-B-Q roadside grill, employee Chrystal Bagley said: “It lasted probably about, I want to say about 20 seconds, maybe. After we made it into the rest room it quit.”
Haulier Danny Odum said: “When we went back, my truck was turned over and all the glass was blown out of it. My dog was in it but he’s not hurt. Nobody’s hurt. That’s the main thing.”
Emergency officials said minor injuries requiring hospital treatment were sporadic.
The wind split and hurled trees and treated large objects like toys all the way north to Pennsylvania, which borders on the state of New York.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Students floated to safety from South Korea ferry
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Israel warns of “long-lasting operation” in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 4Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 5Spread of Ebola virus sees parts of West Africa placed under quarantine
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 10:22 CET U.S. judge signs order to seize Kurdish oil from tanker off Texas
- 10:19 CET Insight – Gold, diamonds feed Central African religious violence
- 09:30 CET Australia issues arrest warrants over Syria severed head photos
- 03:51 CET U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- 03:43 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 03:23 CET Australian PM Abbott’s tough stance on MH17 paying off – poll
- 02:04 CET Police arrest four in beating death of China grad student near USC
- 01:24 CET Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola…