At least 26 people were killed in China when a lorry packed with fireworks exploded, destroying part of a motorway flyover according to Chinese radio.
The report said it happened in Henan province. Several lorries plunged dozens of metres when the bridge gave way.
Firework accidents are not uncommon in China around the time of the lunar New Year.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2Ukrainian army storms illegal checkpoints killing at least five
- 3MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 4Turkish prime minister talks of ‘shared pain’ in statement on Armenian killings
- 5War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 01:12 CET Japan says no trade deal with U.S. as Obama prepares to depart
- 00:23 CET Obama administration may unveil new deportation policy in two…
- 23:35 CET U.S., Japan trade pact stalemate keeps partners waiting – Chile
- 23:05 CET Nigerian leaders unite against Boko Haram
- 23:02 CET Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- 21:58 CET Costa Rican ‘miracle’ woman was key to John Paul’s sainthood
- 21:57 CET U.S. seeks $700,000 in illegal proceeds traced to ex-South Korea…
- 21:29 CET Iran dismisses U.S. criticism of its election to U.N. NGO committee