At least 26 people were killed in China when a lorry packed with fireworks exploded, destroying part of a motorway flyover according to Chinese radio.
The report said it happened in Henan province. Several lorries plunged dozens of metres when the bridge gave way.
Firework accidents are not uncommon in China around the time of the lunar New Year.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 17:44 CET South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15
- 17:25 CET Jordan elected to take Saudi seat on U.N. Security Council
- 16:55 CET Thai protest leader vows final push to “victory” on Monday
- 16:13 CET Kenya sends troops to end militia fighting in north
- 16:11 CET Iran, powers to meet next week on nuclear deal implementation
- 16:00 CET Niger’s president says Libya risks becoming like Somalia
- 15:42 CET Japan enacts strict state secrets law despite protests
- 15:34 CET Ukraine opposition leader Tymoshenko ends prison hunger strike -…