Ferrari’s unveiled its new Formula One car at the Maranello factory ahead of its testing in Spain next week.
It’s called the F138 with the name reflecting the year and the eighth and final season of V8 engines.
The V8 engine, used in Formula One since 2006, will be replaced next year by a 1.6-litre V6 turbo power unit with energy recovery systems.
Brazil’s Felipe Massa will be the first to drive it with last year’s championship runner-up Spaniard Fernando Alonso having to wait until later this month and the second of three pre-season tests.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 14:32 CET Real fullback Arbeloa sidelined by knee injury
- 12:04 CET Van Gaal hoping Champions League final disrupts Spain
- 01:08 CET Chen and Wang happy ending in sight at All England event
- 23:35 CET Spurs should follow Liverpool’s lead, says Sherwood
- 22:37 CET Ukraine league to resume next weekend despite crisis
- 21:28 CET Indy 500 introduces new qualifying format
- 19:28 CET England’s evolution still moving at pace
- 18:53 CET De Rossi misses Roma trip to Napoli after appeal rejected