Ferrari’s unveiled its new Formula One car at the Maranello factory ahead of its testing in Spain next week.
It’s called the F138 with the name reflecting the year and the eighth and final season of V8 engines.
The V8 engine, used in Formula One since 2006, will be replaced next year by a 1.6-litre V6 turbo power unit with energy recovery systems.
Brazil’s Felipe Massa will be the first to drive it with last year’s championship runner-up Spaniard Fernando Alonso having to wait until later this month and the second of three pre-season tests.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 22:22 CET World Cup will inspires Rio Olympics, says IOC’s Bach
- 21:46 CET Dunga names former team mates as Brazil assistants
- 21:44 CET Newcastle lead the Premier League jet-setters
- 21:28 CET Vorm, Davies to Spurs in Swansea swap for Sigurdsson
- 21:23 CET Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- 20:49 CET I’m not heading to PSG, says ex-Juventus boss Conte
- 20:47 CET Luxemburgo returns to coach Flamengo for fourth time
- 18:53 CET It’s a family affair for British Virgin Islands swimming team