Ferrari’s unveiled its new Formula One car at the Maranello factory ahead of its testing in Spain next week.
It’s called the F138 with the name reflecting the year and the eighth and final season of V8 engines.
The V8 engine, used in Formula One since 2006, will be replaced next year by a 1.6-litre V6 turbo power unit with energy recovery systems.
Brazil’s Felipe Massa will be the first to drive it with last year’s championship runner-up Spaniard Fernando Alonso having to wait until later this month and the second of three pre-season tests.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 00:40 CET Benfica and Sevilla secure Europa League wins
- 00:22 CET Former Rangers great Jardine dies aged 65
- 00:14 CET Sevilla earn two-goal cushion against Valencia
- 23:15 CET Phelps wins first race in comeback
- 21:51 CET Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar stolen in sticker heist
- 21:38 CET Brazil to play Turkey in November friendly
- 20:19 CET Chelsea’s Ramires banned for four games
- 20:18 CET Djokovic set to become a dad