Twitter says 250,000 accounts have been hacked in a major security breach.
Anonymous hackers gained access to usernames, email addresses and passwords.
Twitter’s security team say the attack was the work of professionals.
On the Friday the social networking site noticed unusual access patterns that led to accounts being compromised.
The attack on Twitter is the latest in a number of high-profile security breaches.
The Wall Street journal and the New York Times were hit in the last 14 days.
The US newspapers both claim their systems were attacked by China-based hackers.
Twitter has 200 million users worldwide.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 16:00 CET Niger’s president says Libya risks becoming like Somalia
- 15:42 CET Japan enacts strict state secrets law despite protests
- 15:40 CET South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15
- 15:34 CET Ukraine opposition leader Tymoshenko ends prison hunger strike -…
- 15:24 CET Gunmen kill leader of Pakistani sectarian group
- 14:50 CET Yemen says regains ministry compound, kills 11 militants
- 14:45 CET Denmark, Norway offer to transport chemical weapons out of Syria
- 14:31 CET Russian PM dampens amnesty chances for Khodorkovsky, Pussy Riot