Twitter says 250,000 accounts have been hacked in a major security breach.
Anonymous hackers gained access to usernames, email addresses and passwords.
Twitter’s security team say the attack was the work of professionals.
On the Friday the social networking site noticed unusual access patterns that led to accounts being compromised.
The attack on Twitter is the latest in a number of high-profile security breaches.
The Wall Street journal and the New York Times were hit in the last 14 days.
The US newspapers both claim their systems were attacked by China-based hackers.
Twitter has 200 million users worldwide.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 20:27 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 20:15 CET French troops free five aid workers kidnapped in Mali
- 20:05 CET Guantanamo hearing halted after defence accusations of FBI spying
- 20:03 CET U.S. releases $450 million of frozen Iranian funds after …
- 19:55 CET Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult
- 19:51 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 19:41 CET Armed mob under guise of peaceful protest attacks U.N. in South…
- 19:05 CET Church must be open to sick, homeless, pope says on Holy Thursday