A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5Ukraine offers devolution as pro-Russian separatists vow to continue protests
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 14:10 CET Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest
- 14:07 CET Two killed in Bahrain car explosion – Interior Ministry
- 14:02 CET Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks…
- 11:39 CET Kidnapped French journalists found on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 11:31 CET Iran says plane at airport leased to Ghana after U.S.-flagged…
- 11:28 CET Egyptian leftist politician submits bid to run for president
- 10:08 CET Gunmen kidnap two Pakistani U.N. staff members from Karachi
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state