A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2Ukrainian army storms illegal checkpoints killing at least five
- 3MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 4Turkish prime minister talks of ‘shared pain’ in statement on Armenian killings
- 5War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 19:01 CET Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- 18:40 CET Netanyahu: Israel will never negotiate with Hamas-backed government
- 18:38 CET South Sudan to free prisoners as pressure mounts for peace deal
- 18:12 CET Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack
- 17:49 CET Egypt’s army says has ‘complete control’ over Sinai Peninsula
- 17:48 CET Israel suspends peace talks with Palestinians – Israeli official
- 17:48 CET Syrian air strikes kill dozens at market near Aleppo -report
- 17:45 CET Kuwaiti parliament seeks to question prime minister on housing