A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 00:21 CET South Africa, world mourn ‘giant for justice’ Mandela
- 00:06 CET Ukraine protesters vow to stay on streets despite police threat
- 23:57 CET Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- 22:52 CET Nelson Mandela, from apartheid fighter to president and unifier
- 22:45 CET Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 at Yemeni defence ministry
- 22:33 CET U.S. says China air defence zone unacceptable, shouldn’t be…
- 22:14 CET Insight – Fukushima water tanks: leaky and built with illegal…
- 22:03 CET Mood music mixed after Palestinians hold talks with Kerry