A far-left Turkish terrorist group has claimed a suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front posted details on a website with a picture of the bomber Ecevit Sanli.
A Turkish security guard and the bomber died in the blast.
Investigators say Sanli had travelled from Germany and was armed with high-explosives and grenades.
Three people have been arrested.
The group is virulently opposed to the United States and accused the Turkish prime minister of being a ‘puppet’ of Washington.
It wants the US to remove Patriot missiles deployed in Turkey as a defence against the violence in neighbouring Syria.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Riot police raid Kyiv’s central square
- 4What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 5Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 19:51 CET Uruguay’s move to legalise marijuana breaks treaty-INCB
- 19:48 CET Uproar in Egyptian court halts Islamist leaders’ trial
- 19:25 CET Portugal considers asylum for 74 Syrians with fake passports
- 19:11 CET Daughter of Libya’s former spy chief calls for him to be tried in…
- 18:49 CET ‘War game’ highlights risks of Britain’s EU exit
- 18:28 CET Opposition mounts to Israel’s Arab Bedouin transfer plan
- 17:36 CET Bachelet seen easily defeating childhood playmate in Chile election
- 17:33 CET Pope Francis named Time’s Person of the Year