The Croods is an animated prehistoric comedy adventure that follows the world’s first family as they embark on a journey of a lifetime following the destruction of their cave home.
Journeying across a spectacular landscape, the Croods discover an incredible new world filled with fantastic creatures and their outlook is changed forever.
Nicolas Cage, who voiced the character of Grug, enthused about the story: “I love imagination, I love creativity, and the imagination that went into making this movie. I could see this movie 10 times in a row and discover something new each time. It’s a world unto itself, I just get lost in it.”
Directors Kirk De Micco and Chris Sander had strong ideas about how they wanted the characters to look – including the unusual creatures.
De Micco explained: “We wanted to try keep them grounded to some point so that they were from planet earth, but we always called them evolutionary dead-ends. These are animals we never learned about that might not have made it. So the idea was just that there was some sort of spin to them.”
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Make them smile: volunteer work in Romanian childrens’ hospital
- 2A hot Aussie rapper and a steaming country duo
- 3Postcards from Russia: the splendour of Moscow’s St Basil’s Cathedral
- 4‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ explores UK colonial legacy in Nigeria
- 5Beirut dance festival celebrates the collision of bodies and words