Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:17 CET Moeen probed after sporting ‘Save Gaza’ wristbands
- 21:12 CET Judge rules tax fraud case against Messi will go ahead
- 21:09 CET Bell recaptures form as England punish India
- 20:31 CET New Old Trafford manager meant I was out, says Ferdinand
- 20:20 CET Bell recaptures form as England punish India
- 20:17 CET Remy’s failed Reds move can’t be due to fitness – Redknapp
- 19:28 CET QPR midfielder Granero joins Sociedad
- 19:04 CET No excuses if we fail, says new Serbia coach Advocaat