Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 05:33 CET Uruguay not among world’s elite, says coach
- 04:21 CET Australia’s Beale needs surgery, but will keep playing
- 04:05 CET Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
- 01:15 CET Good ambiance crucial to get best from Messi – Sabella
- 22:01 CET Liverpool announce Anfield stadium revamp plans
- 21:52 CET Best and worst sporting comebacks
- 21:42 CET Januzaj opts to play for Belgium
- 19:52 CET Chelsea trio charged by FA after Sunderland defeat