Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 09:44 CET Tiago signs new two-year deal with Atletico
- 09:31 CET Fernandez heads list of possible Ivory Coast coaches
- 09:25 CET Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing
- 09:23 CET Waratahs coach Cheika draws on Leinster lessons
- 08:29 CET Kean closes in on first piece of silverware
- 07:55 CET Australia’s Marsh ruled out for four months by surgery
- 07:48 CET Australia’s Marsh ruled out for four months by surgery
- 06:55 CET Potgieter starts but Waratahs expect Skelton impact