The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 05:34 CET Phelps beaten in first comeback final
- 05:02 CET Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- 03:06 CET Imola still a shock 20 years on for Hill
- 02:52 CET World Cup stadium delays affect ticket availability – FIFA
- 02:50 CET Former world downhill champion Kucera retires
- 02:50 CET For Mosley, safety is Senna’s lasting legacy
- 02:17 CET Unheralded Ratzenberger, gone but never forgotten
- 02:11 CET Imola remembers Senna 20 years after fatal crash