The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 5El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
Wires > Sport
- 20:12 CET Rosberg to clear air with Hamilton before China GP
- 19:50 CET Djokovic cruises, Nadal claims 30th clay win in a row
- 19:11 CET Bayern’s Neuer expects to be fit for Real semi-final
- 19:08 CET Coaches’ survival rate lowest in Greece says UEFA
- 16:43 CET Nadal battles wardrobe malfunction in Monte Carlo
- 16:28 CET Crime wave sweeps a Brazil World Cup host city as police strike
- 16:20 CET South Africa coach cleared of wrongdoing by inquiry
- 16:04 CET Alonso yet to meet new Ferrari F1 boss