The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 10:56 CET No doubting Ricciardo now, says Jones
- 08:36 CET South Africa (282 &) 55-2 v Sri Lanka (421 & 229-8d) – lunch
- 07:25 CET Experience the key for next South Korea coach- KFA
- 04:57 CET Skelton key to opening championship door for Waratahs
- 04:41 CET Sabbatical pays off as Carter returns to New Zealand squad
- 03:58 CET Dimitrov, Monfils out of Washington tournament
- 00:29 CET Liverpool sign defender Lovren from Southampton
- 22:04 CET Battling Cook and Ballance put England in control