On day one of the Judo Grand Prix in Samsu, Turkey, Russia’s Musa Mogushkov dealt quickly with Mongolian Olympic bronze medalist Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal by throwing him for ippon after 74 seconds in the men’s 73kg category.
In the 66kg weight former world champion, Ukraine’s Georgiy Zantaraia, beat Israel’s Golan Pollack with two yuko scores, an impressive gold for the Ukrainian.
In the women’s 48kg competition Belgium’s Olympic bronze medalist, Charline van Snick took gold in Turkey by defeating the German Kay Kraus with a throw for ippon.
Kosovan Majlinda Kalmendi took just one minute and fifteen seconds to find ippon against Mareen Kraeh from Germany in the 52kg ranking. Kalmendi’s fine form shows no sign of ending.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 5El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
Wires > Sport
- 22:51 CET Murders soar in Brazil World Cup city during police strike
- 21:31 CET Formula One drivers in talks to resolve pay disputes
- 21:23 CET Barca’s Neymar and Alba out for up to a month
- 20:12 CET Rosberg to clear air with Hamilton before China GP
- 19:50 CET Djokovic cruises, Nadal claims 30th clay win in a row
- 19:11 CET Bayern’s Neuer expects to be fit for Real semi-final
- 19:08 CET Coaches’ survival rate lowest in Greece says UEFA
- 16:43 CET Nadal battles wardrobe malfunction in Monte Carlo