On day one of the Judo Grand Prix in Samsu, Turkey, Russia’s Musa Mogushkov dealt quickly with Mongolian Olympic bronze medalist Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal by throwing him for ippon after 74 seconds in the men’s 73kg category.
In the 66kg weight former world champion, Ukraine’s Georgiy Zantaraia, beat Israel’s Golan Pollack with two yuko scores, an impressive gold for the Ukrainian.
In the women’s 48kg competition Belgium’s Olympic bronze medalist, Charline van Snick took gold in Turkey by defeating the German Kay Kraus with a throw for ippon.
Kosovan Majlinda Kalmendi took just one minute and fifteen seconds to find ippon against Mareen Kraeh from Germany in the 52kg ranking. Kalmendi’s fine form shows no sign of ending.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 18:52 CET U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- 18:44 CET Nadal withdraws from Rogers Cup with wrist injury
- 18:40 CET Greece’s Moras donates bone marrow to brother
- 18:09 CET Greek league recruits Scottish former referee Dallas
- 16:56 CET Belkin strike it lucky with Dutch lottery sponsorship
- 15:58 CET If Russia lose belief in me, I will quit – Capello
- 14:44 CET Kallis quits ODI cricket months before World Cup
- 14:42 CET World Cup criticism was fair, says Belgium’s Hazard