For the 150 teams made up of 20 nationalities racing in the 23rd edition of the women only Rallye des Gazelles, the hard work is finally over.
Former skier turned rally driver and winner of last years race France’s Carole Montillet:, explained what its all about:
“We come here for an eight day adventure. For a collective experience. We are here just to win. It’s magic”.
The winner of the 4×4 classification raced through stunning Moroccan landscape was Syndiely Wade, the daughter of former Senegalese president Abdoulaye Wade.
British driver Jeanette James finished second.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 23:23 CET Spanish striker Villa vows to add to legacy in New York
- 23:00 CET Expect Chelsea fight for first-choice keeper spot – Mourinho
- 22:56 CET Tottenham agree deal to sign Sporting defender Dier
- 22:51 CET QPR’s Ireland defender Dunne quits internationals
- 18:43 CET Top European clubs eye Norwegian teenager Odegaard
- 18:05 CET Australian international Wilshire signs for Feyenoord
- 16:32 CET Barcelona’s Pique relishing return of ‘angry’ Suarez
- 16:24 CET Zenit look to banish last season’s title loss