For the 150 teams made up of 20 nationalities racing in the 23rd edition of the women only Rallye des Gazelles, the hard work is finally over.
Former skier turned rally driver and winner of last years race France’s Carole Montillet:, explained what its all about:
“We come here for an eight day adventure. For a collective experience. We are here just to win. It’s magic”.
The winner of the 4×4 classification raced through stunning Moroccan landscape was Syndiely Wade, the daughter of former Senegalese president Abdoulaye Wade.
British driver Jeanette James finished second.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 22:08 CET Bolt chides doping officials over Tyson Gay ban
- 21:42 CET Queen’s horse Estimate tests positive for morphine
- 21:22 CET Welsh boxer Evans ruled out of Commonwealth Games
- 20:33 CET Stoke sign Bojan from Barcelona
- 20:07 CET Jamaica sprinter Blake out for season after surgery
- 19:43 CET Badminton player hopes to find his legs again in Glasgow
- 19:24 CET Queens Park Rangers confirm Caulker arrival from Cardiff
- 18:31 CET England’s Chambers pulls out of sprint relay squad