Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 07:38 CET Thai wants peace with coach she accused of attacking her
- 07:36 CET Title holders City still looking for reinforcements
- 06:55 CET Wimbledon doubles champion Sock advances at Atlanta Open
- 06:52 CET Athletics-Jamaica sprinter Blake out for season after surgery
- 22:08 CET Bolt chides doping officials over Tyson Gay ban
- 21:42 CET Queen’s horse Estimate tests positive for morphine
- 21:22 CET Welsh boxer Evans ruled out of Commonwealth Games
- 20:33 CET Stoke sign Bojan from Barcelona