Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:40 CET English FA tightens betting rules for new season
- 10:59 CET Waratahs wary of Crusaders back row in Super final
- 10:50 CET Egyptian sumo wrestler storms his way into ancient sport
- 10:02 CET World Cup boosts revenue for bookmaker William Hill
- 07:54 CET Crusaders have qualities to match former champions – Blackadder
- 07:22 CET Obama commemorates Special Olympics anniversary at star-studded…
- 06:49 CET Steve the Giant Killer slays Karlovic in Washington
- 05:55 CET Wallabies fans go mobile in best seats in the house