03/04/13 09:18 CET
Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 2Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 3Bayern beat United, Atletico stun Barca in the Champions League
- 4Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 5El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
Wires > Sport
- 20:12 CET Rosberg to clear air with Hamilton before China GP
- 19:50 CET Djokovic cruises, Nadal claims 30th clay win in a row
- 19:11 CET Bayern’s Neuer expects to be fit for Real semi-final
- 19:08 CET Coaches’ survival rate lowest in Greece says UEFA
- 16:43 CET Nadal battles wardrobe malfunction in Monte Carlo
- 16:28 CET Crime wave sweeps a Brazil World Cup host city as police strike
- 16:20 CET South Africa coach cleared of wrongdoing by inquiry
- 16:04 CET Alonso yet to meet new Ferrari F1 boss