03/04/13 09:18 CET
Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 16:17 CET Ferrer suffers early defeat in Barcelona
- 16:05 CET Sri Lanka players resolve pay dispute
- 16:03 CET Singaporean fixer arrested in Helsinki
- 14:51 CET Malinga named Sri Lanka T20 captain
- 14:46 CET World Cup rush leaves gaps in Brazil cell network
- 14:44 CET Players to blame for United woes – Kanchelskis
- 14:03 CET UCI accepts tainted meat caused Rogers’ positive test
- 13:34 CET Scholes returns to help Man United interim manager Giggs