Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 23:02 CET Firestone a perfect place for Tiger to salvage season
- 22:47 CET Malaysian Formula E race postponed at PM’s request
- 22:15 CET Premier League to use vanishing spray from this season
- 22:14 CET Lukaku leaves Chelsea to join Everton in £28 million deal
- 22:09 CET I need a hug, says Scolari on Gremio return
- 21:55 CET Argentine FA chief, FIFA executive Grondona dies
- 19:44 CET Nadal withdraws from Toronto, Cincinnati with injury
- 18:52 CET U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark