Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 07:38 CET Thai wants peace with coach she accused of attacking her
- 07:36 CET Title holders City still looking for reinforcements
- 06:55 CET Wimbledon doubles champion Sock advances at Atlanta Open
- 06:52 CET Athletics-Jamaica sprinter Blake out for season after surgery
- 22:08 CET Bolt chides doping officials over Tyson Gay ban
- 21:42 CET Queen’s horse Estimate tests positive for morphine
- 21:22 CET Welsh boxer Evans ruled out of Commonwealth Games
- 20:33 CET Stoke sign Bojan from Barcelona