Barcelona have filed a formal complaint with Uefa about the refereeing of their Champions League draw at Paris St Germain on Tuesday.
The Catalans’ principle complaint concerns an incident where Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba collided leaving both on the ground but referee Wolfgang Stark refused to stop play.
Barca assistant coach Jordi Roura said: “We have always respected the referees, but there is a point where there are very clear and concrete circumstances in which it is convenient to protest. If you don’t it is as if you don’t see the mistakes. We should not be taken for fools. So I think it is important to say something.
Barca added they did not consider themselves badly treated but were surprised that the referee didn’t know the rules of the game.
The La Liga side host PSG in their crucial quarter-final second leg at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 17:33 CET Bell returns to form as England extend advantage
- 16:10 CET Judge rules tax fraud case against Messi will go ahead
- 15:48 CET Malik to get frozen pension funds from PCB
- 14:50 CET Plenty to talk about as F1 takes a break
- 13:54 CET FIFA ask FIGC to investigate Italy racism row
- 12:52 CET Mercedes team order came from panic, says Lauda
- 12:49 CET Atletico bolster attack with France’s Griezmann
- 11:45 CET Swede Antonsson rejoins Copenhagen in time for Champions League…