Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 09:50 CET Zenit sack Spalletti prior to Champions League clash
- 09:10 CET Fenerbahce match with Trabzon abandoned amid crowd trouble
- 08:21 CET Valladolid defeat proves Barcelona only “human” – Nasri
- 08:18 CET Cheika tries to keep half a lid on New South Wales optimism
- 04:50 CET Capless Perenara eager to get back into All Blacks fold
- 03:37 CET Last tango in Paris but Leverkusen will fight – coach
- 03:12 CET Kun the potential key to City’s salvation
- 01:43 CET I’m not done yet, says Australia quick Harris