Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:23 CET Moyes endures horror return to Everton as Martinez outwits United
- 21:18 CET Benfica beat Olhanense to clinch Portuguese title
- 20:52 CET Favourites Ajax routed by Zwolle as violence mars Dutch final
- 20:25 CET Happy Hamilton hails incredible Mercedes
- 17:55 CET Sterling is the best young player in Europe, says Rodgers
- 17:06 CET Pitstop blunder ruins Massa’s race
- 14:58 CET Lotus progress halted by gearbox gremlins
- 13:27 CET McLaren woes continue in China