Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 01:23 CET Golden boy Bailey-Cole steps out of Bolt’s shadow
- 01:19 CET Bayern Munich goes Green for U.S. Tour
- 00:06 CET Van Gaal relishes task of emulating Ferguson at United
- 21:17 CET Moeen probed after sporting ‘Save Gaza’ wristbands
- 21:12 CET Judge rules tax fraud case against Messi will go ahead
- 20:31 CET New Old Trafford manager meant I was out, says Ferdinand
- 20:20 CET Bell recaptures form as England punish India
- 20:17 CET Remy’s failed Reds move can’t be due to fitness – Redknapp