Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:27 CET Recovering McKinnon has arm movement, feeling in legs
- 07:22 CET Former Dutch midfielder Boateng gets coaching debut in Malaysia
- 05:34 CET Phelps beaten in first comeback final
- 05:02 CET Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- 03:06 CET Imola still a shock 20 years on for Hill
- 02:52 CET World Cup stadium delays affect ticket availability – FIFA
- 02:50 CET Former world downhill champion Kucera retires
- 02:50 CET For Mosley, safety is Senna’s lasting legacy