Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 02:44 CET All Blacks seal important signatures for post-World Cup
- 01:50 CET DeLaet well placed to end Canadian title drought
- 00:53 CET Liverpool new boy Lallana to miss start of season
- 00:23 CET Scotland’s Wallace delights home crowd, England take double gold
- 23:59 CET Whirlwind Wright helps Sussex to world record run chase
- 23:06 CET Podium places to be decided in final time trial
- 22:45 CET Co-owner hopes attacking style will end West Ham tears
- 22:16 CET In-form DeLaet seeks to end local drought at Canadian Open