Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 16:39 CET Donald sets pace at stormy Sun City
- 14:08 CET Four goals but no Sunderland wonderland for Mourinho
- 13:16 CET Robben out for six weeks with deep laceration of knee
- 12:44 CET Fowler green with envy at Liverpool goal king Suarez
- 12:03 CET Former Spain coach Luis Aragones retires
- 11:43 CET Pique sees Cup as chance to get back on track
- 11:33 CET Branson’s Virgin signs up for Formula E series
- 11:04 CET No ‘pointing fingers’ after dropped catches, says Swann