Thomas Drouet, the training partner of ATP player Bernard Tomic, has accused the players father of assault.
John Tomic is due to face charges in Madrid on May 14.
It is alleged the incident happened at an airport when Tomic senior spat in the Frenchman’s face and then head-butted him.
Drouet said John Tomic, who acts as his son’s coach, had treated him like a dog.
It is not the first time Tomic has been in the news. At the 2012 Miami Masters his son asked the umpire to eject his father from the crowd during one of his matches.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 18:41 CET Liverpool sign Belgian Origi and loan him back to Lille
- 18:31 CET Ecclestone seeks to settle German bribery case
- 18:23 CET Macho sport looks to feminine side in women’s World Cup
- 17:58 CET Genk fire coach after opening game of the season
- 17:44 CET Barkley agrees new contract at Everton
- 17:42 CET Long arm of the law foiled in Glasgow
- 17:38 CET Messi could help us expand in Russia, say Barcelona
- 17:29 CET Juve’s Vidal staying and not Man United bound – Allegri