Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not be representing Spain in EuroBasket 2013. This announcement comes less than a week after undergoing surgery on his knee to eliminate scar tissue. Gasol is expected to fully recover from the procedure and return to his NBA squad next season.
Pau Gasol is a key player of the Spanish basketball team, with whom he was European champion in 2011 and Olympic silver medalist in 2012.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:18 CET AFC throws the booklet at match-fixing in Asia
- 02:44 CET All Blacks seal important signatures for post-World Cup
- 01:50 CET DeLaet well placed to end Canadian title drought
- 00:53 CET Liverpool new boy Lallana to miss start of season
- 00:23 CET Scotland’s Wallace delights home crowd, England take double gold
- 23:59 CET Whirlwind Wright helps Sussex to world record run chase
- 23:06 CET Podium places to be decided in final time trial
- 22:45 CET Co-owner hopes attacking style will end West Ham tears