Chelsea has won the Europa League title after a thrilling match against Benfica in Amsterdam.
The ‘Blues’ beat the Portuguese side 2-1 thanks to a late goal by Branislav Ivanovic a few seconds before extra time expired.
Fernando Torres’ great finish in the 60th minute had put Chelsea in front but Oscar Cardozo equalised for Benfica sending the ball to the back of Petr Cech’s net from the penalty spot in the 68th minute.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 23:23 CET Spanish striker Villa vows to add to legacy in New York
- 23:00 CET Expect Chelsea fight for first-choice keeper spot – Mourinho
- 22:56 CET Tottenham agree deal to sign Sporting defender Dier
- 22:51 CET QPR’s Ireland defender Dunne quits internationals
- 18:43 CET Top European clubs eye Norwegian teenager Odegaard
- 18:05 CET Australian international Wilshire signs for Feyenoord
- 16:32 CET Barcelona’s Pique relishing return of ‘angry’ Suarez
- 16:24 CET Zenit look to banish last season’s title loss