China has broken the record for the longest viaduct demolition in the world.
The 3.5km long concrete bridge which served as a part of a main highway will be replaced by a six-lane 5 km viaduct.
Demolition workers careful wrapped the structure in protective material to prevent flying debris.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 12:05 CET Iran expects next payment under nuclear deal, confirming compliance
- 11:41 CET British lawmakers blame complacency for Taliban attack on base
- 11:32 CET China shadow looms large over bid to scrap Tiananmen crackdown…
- 11:29 CET More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks -…
- 11:17 CET Former Egypt finance minister released hours after arrest in…
- 10:41 CET Gunmen kill nine in western Ethiopia bus attack – state media
- 09:54 CET Passage of South Stream pipeline via Turkey possible – minister
- 05:42 CET China stresses need for stability at first meeting of new security…