China has broken the record for the longest viaduct demolition in the world.
The 3.5km long concrete bridge which served as a part of a main highway will be replaced by a six-lane 5 km viaduct.
Demolition workers careful wrapped the structure in protective material to prevent flying debris.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 00:49 CET Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister
- 00:46 CET Eight bodies, some dismembered, found on Mexican highway
- 00:31 CET Iran’s Zarif says nuclear deal dead if U.S. passes new sanctions
- 22:23 CET U.S. university drops claim Chinese dissident Chen was spied on
- 22:09 CET Exclusive – Russia signs deal to forgive $29 billion of Cuba’s…
- 21:19 CET Former rebel mayor of Colombia’s capital removed from post
- 21:08 CET Pope calls hunger “global scandal,” urges lifestyle changes
- 21:06 CET Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media